Friday, April 11, 2008

Wrenching With Randall


It is interesting what "wrenching" brings out in people. For me it has always been inextricably linked to my self-esteem and has brought out in stark relief both my strengths and my flaws.

That, however, may be the stuff for another essay. The point of the day is that I got to pass on some of the knowledge I have rather painfully acquired over the last three years to my own student.



Here we have the airbox on Randall's bike with the filter removed showing the lovely crap that even lightly used bikes acquire in the lovely San Joaquin Valley


style="cursor:pointer; cursor:hand;width: 400px;" src="http://Weckerleys.smugmug.com/photos/278301048_qqd9P-M.jpg" border="0" alt="" />


What a nice pretty bike to take apart!



First step...remove seat



I'm so afraid!



Battery out next!

I have done this job serveral times before but alway on an RT...the RS provided some minor differences, but nothing really major.

The main thing was the footpeg plates. Very different.

There is also a starter cover which makes sense in the absence of a fairing.

No comments: